Sue’s Reflexology and Nutrition Plans
Hello, my name is Sue and I am a fully qualified Reflexologist and Plant based Nutritionist. I am passionate about both of these therapies and truly believe the way to great health is managing stress and nourishing our body with the food it needs to thrive on. I’m delighted to be offering my services at Ravery’s.
Book in for your first Treatment or Consultation and receive £10 OFF.
To book please call 01883 713 644
To make a Booking with Sue please call:
SUE DIRECT DIAL: 07850 587 252
Salon Tel: 01883 713 644
Sue is available at the following times:
I'd love it if you could follow me on Social Media
What Is Reflexology?
Reflexology is a holistic treatment based on the principle that there are areas and points on our feet, hands, and ears that link to our nervous system, which in turn, correspond to different parts of our body. When pressure is applied to these areas and points, it stimulates the movement of energy along the nerve channels, and helps to restore homeostasis (balance) in the whole body.
Energy is essential for our well-being and vital for us to keep going. All our bodily systems and functions need to work well together to maintain a healthy balance. Stress, injury, or illness can cause this balance to be disrupted, resulting in our bodily systems and functions to be less effective. Problems can then be compounded by the fact that the rest of the body works harder to compensate, potentially causing problems in other areas.
There are 7,000 - 7,200 nerve endings in the human foot, and each of these is a reflex point that corresponds to a body part. Reflexology uses special finger/thumb manipulations to stimulate reflex points, which in turn helps to stimulate the flow of energy to the corresponding body part. This gradually helps to restore balance and stimulate the body's ability to heal itself both physically and emotionally. Reflexology helps to aid relaxation and reduce stress levels. Reflexology can also be beneficial for anyone suffering with the following:
- Cancer – Reflexology is known to help reduce symptoms caused by chemotherapy, including nausea, pain, constipation and diarrhoea.
- Arthritis – Reflexology can be used to help alleviate the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis, with some patients reportedly feeling up to 40% less pain.
- Hypertension – (a common risk of heart disease). Reflexology is thought to help assist with the reduction of hypertension.
- Anxiety/Sleep Anxiety and Depression – the most common mental health problems. The relaxation side of reflexology can extend to the mind to calm and aid any signs of depression and anxiety.
- Multiple sclerosis – Reflexology can help to decrease the fatigue felt with multiple sclerosis. Reflexology helps the body to achieve balance and reduces stress which allows the body’s own immune system to function much better. When we are stressed this causes our immune system to be suppressed which inhibits healing. Reducing stress lowers inflammation in the body which helps to reduce MS symptoms and aid healing.
- Circulatory issues – receiving foot Reflexology is known to improve your blood circulation to vital organs. This in turn can result in quicker healing.